Wednesday 2 September 2009

Blogger Eats Hat Regarding Golden Buttocks

I recently made fun of a cover for a James Bond novel put out in the 1990s by MJF Books. A number of commenters said they actually rather liked it, and I have to admit it's grown on me too.



This is especially the case now that I've found more of the covers in the series. Yes, they're cartoonish and a bit daft, but then, let's be honest, so are the books.





UPDATE: The art director for MJF has kindly commented to let us know that "the jacket series was designed by Rich Rossiter, and the illustrations were done by Christoph Blumrich."

6 comments:

Ian Koviak said...

these are nuts. I love em. One of them even looks like Sean Connery.

JRSM said...

I wish I could work out who did them.

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew who did these too. Someone is bound to come forward with the information. They always do. It's funny how there's cartoony-sex in all of them.

The humping-in-the-inner-tube-while-the-volcano is exploding is really quite hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I'm the current Art Director for MJF Books.

The jacket series was designed by Rich Rossiter, and the illustrations were done by Christoph Blumrich.

JRSM said...

Christy, your predictive powers are amazing. Anonymous, thank you for the information--I'll add it to the post.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

I think these are really cool too