Wednesday 10 November 2010

Vladimir Zimakov

When I posted the 3D science-fiction classics forthcoming from Vintage, I wasn't sure who all the artists responsible were. I'm still not, but I think I've picked one of them. Is this...



..the work of the excellent Vladimir Zimakov? He hasn't yet done a huge amount in the way of book design, but what he has done is glorious.





He has also done a limited edition book detailing scenes from Gogol's The Diary of a Madman (as scene in the Penguin Gogol collection above)...




..as well as illustrating a Russian edition of Gustav 'The Golem' Meyrink's Walpurgisnacht.






See more at his somewhat out-of-date website here.

3 comments:

Vladimir said...

Thanks for the post!!

mhectic said...

Vladimir Zimakov can DRAW the heck out of a book cover.

JRSM said...

Vladimir, my pleasure--your work is wonderful.

Mhectic: You're not wrong!